Samantha Miller is an associate in Gilbert’s Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, dispute resolution, and corporate bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
Samantha primarily represents corporations, individuals, creditors’ committees, and post-bankruptcy trusts in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts. She assists her clients in recovering insurance proceeds with respect to a wide range of matters, including bodily injury and property damage, food contamination, toxic tort, and property insurance matters. Samantha also helps her clients devise creative legal strategies regarding risk management and alternatives to traditional civil litigation. Prior to joining Gilbert, Samantha was a bankruptcy and litigation associate at an Am Law 200 firm in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Securing coverage at trial for insurance claims arising from allegedly tainted eggs on behalf of second largest egg producer in the United States.
- Representing and negotiating on behalf of unsecured creditors’ committee for successor to national manufacturer of industrial equipment in litigation to obtain insurance coverage for asbestos-related and other liabilities.
- Representing and negotiating on behalf of international designer and manufacturer of building materials in multi-jurisdiction litigation relating to alleged environmental-related liability.
Samantha also has an active pro bono practice, including negotiating and settling clients’ claims with respect to a variety of housing and insurance-related matters. Samantha was named to the Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll for her commitment to pro bono service.
Samantha attended the George Washington School of Law, where she worked as a research assistant, worked as a writing consultant in GW’s undergraduate Writing Center, and was selected as a teaching assistant for the first year legal research and writing program. Prior to attending law school, Samantha worked in digital advertising in New York City where she worked primarily for the Coca-Cola Company. Samantha graduated from Amherst College in 2008 with a B.A. in French. There, Samantha earned NESCAC All-Academic honors, played a number of varsity sports, and was an active member of Amherst’s DQ A Cappella group.
- 2014 – J.D., the George Washington University School of Law
- 2008 – B.A., Amherst College
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts
- American Bar Association
- D.C. Bar Association
- Named to Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2017-2018
- Received GW Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service Pro Bono Honors, 2014
- Received Obama’s Presidential Volunteer Service Award, 2014