Samantha Miller joined Gilbert as an associate in 2015. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, dispute resolution, and corporate bankruptcy and insolvency matters. Prior to joining Gilbert, Samantha was a bankruptcy and litigation associate at an Am Law 200 firm.
Samantha received her law degree from the George Washington University School of Law where she worked as a research assistant and as a student attorney for Professor Jessica Steinberg and the GW Neighborhood Law & Policy Clinic. In this role, she represented indigent clients and compiled and analyzed empirical data concerning access to justice in D.C.'s Housing Conditions Court. Samantha was selected as a Dean's Fellow for the GW Law first year legal research and writing program and worked as a writing consultant in GW's undergraduate Writing Center. Samantha's legal experience also includes interning for the Honorable Erik P. Christian in the District of Columbia Superior Court and clerking for the Office of the New York State Attorney General's Charities Bureau.
Prior to attending law school, Samantha worked in digital advertising in New York City where she worked primarily for the Coca-Cola Company. Samantha graduated from Amherst College in 2008 with a B.A. in French. There, Samantha earned NESCAC All-Academic honors, played a number of varsity sports, and was an active member of Amherst’s DQ A Cappella group.
- 2014 – J.D., the George Washington University School of Law
- 2008 – B.A., Amherst College
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- Received GW Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service Pro Bono Honors, 2014
- Received Obama’s Presidential Volunteer Service Award, 2014