Related Practice Areas
- Bankruptcy & Reorganization
- Complex Litigation
- Insurance Recovery
- Strategic Risk Management
There are many fine lawyers at many fine defense firms, but they all suffer from the same shortcoming—they do not think like a plaintiff. Why is that important? Because when someone owes your company money, you need to act fast. Defense firms don't do "fast." They delay, react and defend because they are trained to protect the status quo. Sometimes, however, the status quo doesn't work for you.
That's when you should call us. We have been disrupting the status quo for decades, and nobody does it better.
Our attorneys have represented companies in complex, high-stakes litigation matters for nearly 30 years. We represent corporations as plaintiffs in cases involving fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, theft of confidential information and trade secrets, and virtually any other case in which a company finds itself as a plaintiff.
- Our attorneys currently represent a Fortune 100 financial institution in a lawsuit brought against a mortgage lender that allegedly sold tens of millions of dollars of fraudulent mortgage loans to major financial institutions. Within a week of learning of the alleged fraud, our attorneys obtained a prejudgment attachment of the lender's assets—and the assets of the lender's CEO—in federal district court.
- Our attorneys recently won a critical victory in a forum fight in a complex commercial case, in which twenty of the defendants sought to move the litigation to the forum of their choice.
- On behalf of ACandS, Inc., our attorneys won a reversal in the Third Circuit under the Federal Arbitration Act of an arbitration award against our client. Following this decision, our attorneys negotiated a highly favorable settlement on behalf of our client.
- Our attorneys successfully challenged an alleged default judgment against a Sri Lankan rubber manufacturer in a products liability case.
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly Recognizes Gilbert LLP for Winning Largest 2010 Jury Verdict in the State, (January 20, 2011)
- Court Rejects Conseco Life Insurance Company’s Attempt to Reduce Size of National Class Action, (January 17, 2011)
- Nationwide Class Action to Proceed against Conseco Life Insurance Company, (October 12, 2010)
- $26M Verdict by Virginia Jury is One of the Largest Individual Copyright Infringement Awards in U.S. History, (July 22, 2010)
- $26M verdict returned in trade-secret case, Virginia Lawyers Weekly (July 22, 2010)
- U.S. District Court Upholds $26 Million Jury Award in International Espionage Case Involving Copyright Infringement of Tire Blueprints, Intellirights (July 21, 2010)
- Mortgage Borrowers Win Official Committee Status in American Home Mortgage Bankruptcy Case, (March 2009)
- 'What's on the Menu' Investigation: Update Lawsuit Filed, KYPost.com (November 10, 2008)
- Law Firm Files RICO Suit Over Restaurant's Menu Claims, ABA Journal Law News Now (September 15, 2008)
- New Class Action Lawsuit Against Comcast in Federal Court, Afterdawn.com (July 23, 2008)
- Comcast Hit With Suit Alleging It Blocks P2P Sharing, Law 360 (July 22, 2008)
- Comcast ‘Impersonated User PCs’: Lawsuit, P2PNET.net (July 22, 2008)
- Gilbert Randolph Files File-Sharing Class Action Against Comcast, Legal Times (July 22, 2008)
- Gilbert Randolph LLP Announces a Class Action Lawsuit Against Comcast of the District, LLC for Misrepresentation and False Advertising, (February 19, 2008)
- DC Law Firm Sues Applebee's, Weight Watchers
- Not Losing Weight? Some Valley Low-Fat Claims Could Be Wrong, ABC 15 Local News Phoenix