Natalie has represented corporate policyholders in all aspects of complex, multimillion-dollar insurance coverage disputes. Natalie’s practice focuses on analyzing complicated insurance problems and devising cost-effective, comprehensive resolutions, whether through litigation or settlement. Natalie has been involved in all aspects of complex insurance litigation, from drafting the initial complaint, drafting and responding to preliminary and dispositive motions, conducting large-scale discovery, arguing motions in court, and drafting and negotiating settlement agreements. Natalie specializes in pursuing coverage for long-tail liabilities such as asbestos and environmental contamination, securing insurance for post-bankruptcy asbestos trusts, and securing significant recoveries from insolvent insurance companies. Natalie’s knowledge spans various types of insurance policies, including commercial general liability and professional liability policies.
Natalie also maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing a woman in a child support dispute and civil rights litigation against the District of Columbia. Natalie also has represented a California man in an immigration proceeding in San Francisco Immigration Court, where she secured dismissal of the government’s removal proceeding and helped the client obtain
permanent resident status
Representative matters include:
- Representing several post-bankruptcy asbestos trusts in securing tens of millions of dollars in insurance coverage for predecessor companies’ asbestos-related and other liabilities;
- Representing solvent corporate policyholders in securing insurance coverage for asbestos, environmental, and other long-tail liabilities;
- Representing corporate policyholders in pursuing coverage from insolvent insurers;
- Representing non-profit in pursing directors’ and officers’ coverage for government investigation;
- Representing plaintiffs’ lawyers in evaluating insurance assets available to cover judgments or settlements;
- Representing a young woman in pursuing a child support case and civil rights litigation against the District of Columbia; and
- Representing a California man in a removal proceeding in San Francisco Immigration Court and successfully securing dismissal of the proceeding and permanent resident status for the client.
- 2009 - J.D., University of Maryland Law School
- 2002 - B.S., Northwestern University
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit