Michael represents corporate and individual clients in federal and state courts on a wide range of complex commercial litigation and insurance recovery matters. In addition, at Gilbert LLP’s subsidiary law firm, Reneo Consulting LLC, Michael advises U.S. and foreign businesses on trade and investment opportunities involving Cuba.
Complex Litigation and Insurance Recovery:
- Represents corporate clients in complex commercial and insurance litigation matters involving multiple plaintiffs and defendants and hundreds of millions of dollars in potential recoveries.
- Develops creative litigation and settlement strategies in collaboration with experts and consultant.
International Business Transactions (through subsidiary law firm Reneo Consulting LLC):
- Advises and advocates for U.S. businesses pursuing trade and investment opportunities in Cuba.
- Devises strategies for client projects in Cuba that reconcile competing stakeholder interests.
- Identifies and secures necessary U.S. and foreign government authorizations, including by drafting project proposals and applying for U.S. Department of Treasury and
- Accomplished the first import of Cuban goods to the U.S. in over fifty years.
- 2013 – J.D., The George Washington University
- 2009 – M.A., The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
- 2006 – Fulbright Scholar: Freiburg, Germany
- 2005 – B.A., Saint Louis University
- summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York