Mark Packman’s practice focuses on complex litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He represents clients in federal and state courts and before arbitrators on a wide range of insurance issues. Mark has significant experience in handling pretrial matters, trials, and appeals.
Mark is also a principal at Reneo Consulting LLC.
- Represented an asbestos trust in litigation in federal court on a variety of insurance coverage issues, which resulted in a settlement of over $100 million.
- Represented another asbestos trust in an arbitration, which resulted in recoveries of over $100 million, including a $31 million arbitration award that was affirmed on appeal.
- Co-authored a series of amicus curiae briefs in the United States Supreme Court on affirmative action issues for a public interest organization.
- 1980 — J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- 1977 — A.B., Princeton University
- With Honors
- District of Columbia
- Cherokee Nation
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Editor, Georgetown Law Journal, 1979-1980
- Recipient of the "2004 Distinguished Service Award" from the National Asian Pacific American Legal Consortium (NAPALC) for pro bono work on Affirmative Action on Adarand v. Mineta and Grutter v. Bollinger amicus briefs