Jason’s practice focuses on complex insurance coverage litigation and consultation. He has experience representing clients in state and federal courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution proceedings. He has experience with various lines of insurance, including general liability, property, directors and officers liability, errors and omissions, product recall, contaminated products, and automobile liability.
- Representing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy Trustee in obtaining insurance coverage for the Debtor's pre-bankruptcy liabilities.
- Litigating and negotiating for post-bankruptcy trusts to successfully obtain insurance coverage for predecessor companies’ asbestos-related and other liabilities.
- Litigating in state court on behalf of an automotive company to obtain insurance coverage for asbestos-related liabilities.
- Representing a large industrial equipment manufacturer in pursuing Directors and Officers coverage for a class action resulting from the purchase of the company.
- Advising a pharmaceutical corporation regarding insurance related issues pertinent to distribution of a new product.
- Represented a loan servicing company to secure insurance coverage under a Directors & Officers insurance policy in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented a Fortune 500 food company in insurance litigation to secure coverage for claims arising from allegedly tainted peanut butter.
- Represented a major healthcare company in an arbitration with a multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer arising out of an indemnification dispute.
- Represented a major healthcare services provider in the adjustment and mediation of a large property loss and business interruption claim arising out of the shutdown and eventual closure of a pharmaceutical repackaging facility due to FDA compliance related issues.
- Represented two national construction companies in adjustment and negotiation of claims under home builders protective insurance policies for defense and indemnity costs arising from Chinese drywall claims.
- Represented an individual in pursuit of insurance coverage under personal automobile and excess insurance policies for defense and indemnification costs arising out of an automobile accident.
- Represented an individual in negotiations with an automobile insurer to obtain coverage for all losses arising out of an automobile accident.
- Defended a mobile aggregator against indemnification claims made by a national telecommunications carrier arising out of civil lawsuits and state attorneys general investigations pertaining to unauthorized charges.
- Represented a pharmaceutical repackaging subsidiary of a major health care services provider in the adjustment and negotiation of a claim under a contaminated products insurance policy for losses arising out of an FDA-recommended recall of an entire production line of repackaged pharmaceutical products. Obtained settlement on terms very favorable to the client, notwithstanding numerous coverage and accounting issues raised by the insurers.
- Defended a Fortune 100 company in asbestos litigation in the Circuit Court For Baltimore City. The representation resulted in a summary judgment victory for the client.
- Represented a Fortune 500 construction company in insurance recovery actions against commercial general liability carriers in South Carolina federal court.
Jason maintains an active pro bono practice at the firm. Pro bono representations have ranged from representing an individual in pursuit of medical insurance coverage for expenses arising from an automobile accident that resulted in catastrophic brain injury to co-authoring an amicus curiae brief to the United States Supreme Court regarding the Fair Housing Act.
- 2006 - J.D., University of Pennsylvania
- 2002 - B.A./B.B.A., University of Michigan
- with high distinction
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for Maryland
- Selected as a Washington, DC Rising Star (Super Lawyers) , 2014-2016
- 2014 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Young Lawyers Alliance of Legal Counsel for the Elderly, Member