Heather focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution in state and federal courts and alternative tribunals across the country. At Gilbert, Heather represents policyholders in a wide variety of insurance matters including environmental contamination, toxic tort, and directors’ and officers’ coverage disputes. Prior to joining Gilbert as an associate in 2015, Heather was an associate with an Am Law 5 firm in Miami, Florida.
Heather’s practice blends her experience in multi district complex litigation and alternative dispute resolution with Gilbert’s specialized knowledge and focus representing policyholders. Heather also maintains an active pro bono practice and was the recipient of the John Edward Smith Child Advocacy Award in both 2011 and 2013 for her work advocating on behalf of Florida’s foster youth.
- Represented target defendant in multi-district litigation and ancillary proceedings involving installation of Chinese drywall product in new home construction throughout Southeastern United States that resulted in tens of thousands of claims in consolidated class actions, CPSC investigation, trials at both the state and federal level and eventual class settlement on behalf of client.
- Represented global Spanish conglomerate International Chamber of Commerce arbitration arising out of its acquisition of a U.S.-based company and the termination of the target's senior management.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of derivative claims against majority shareholders of closely held medical device company in complex corporate dispute.
- Key member of the defense team that represented a global logistics company in the largest ICE raid in history, including ongoing investigation of worksite immigration, compliance, and identity theft.
- 2009 - J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- cum laude
- 2005 - B.A., Ursinus College
- Magna cum laude
- *Not admitted in DC. Directly supervised by principals of the Firm.