Legal Professional Careers
At Gilbert LLP, we are committed to providing top-notch legal services to all our clients. We want smart, hard-working, dedicated, creative and independent thinkers who like the challenge of complicated problems and the hunt for the right solution. Our clients depend on that kind of lawyer. They bring us tough cases and expect us to find a way to bring them the results they need when a solution is not necessarily obvious.
New associates have the opportunity to work closely with partners on major cases; they get responsibility early in their career and can make substantive contributions while learning about the law. We give our attorneys the support, training, experiences and opportunities they need to help them grow. We staff leanly, which means that our attorneys have frequent contact with clients and others outside the firm. As one of our lateral associates said when explaining why he chose Gilbert LLP after spending months reviewing documents at another firm, “I just had to get out of the basement.”
Although we maintain the highest professional standards, our culture is informal. There is an open door policy and a business casual dress code every day. The firm regularly sponsors social events, ranging from wine tasting events to a karaoke night.
Serving clients is our number one job. Our motivation is to get the job done right, but not through needless billing. Rather, we are effective because we know how and when to work hard and efficiently. And because we enjoy our lives, we enjoy our clients, our practice and each other.
If you are a recent graduate, judicial clerk or attorney who shares our views on excellence and has the qualities and characteristics that we are looking for, please contact us at the address below.
If you are a law student, please click here for our on-campus recruiting calendar.
All attorneys at Gilbert LLP enjoy a broad array of employee benefits. Health-related insurance benefits are effective the first day of the next month following the date you begin work with the firm.
- Health and Dental Insurance—Available to the employee, dependents and same-sex domestic partners
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Workers' Compensation
- Unlimited leave—annual and sick leave
- Maternity Leave—12 Weeks Paid
- Parental Leave—4 Weeks Paid
- Bereavement Leave
- Family and Medical Leave
- Reduced Schedule (Part-time)—Eligible after one year of service and firm approval
- 401(k) Plan
- Health and Childcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Firm-Issued PDA With Monthly Data and Voice Service Fee Paid
- Exercise Facility
- Mass Transit and Parking Programs (Pre-tax programs)
- Periodic social events
- Membership in the District of Columbia Bar Association in addition to any one other bar association
- Reimbursement for any continuing legal education requirements
- Reimbursement for any training seminar upon request and approval
- Your choice of a laptop or desktop computer
- Free beverages
1100 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005