Benjamin joined Gilbert as an associate in 2017. His practice focuses on representing policyholders in complex civil litigation and dispute resolution. He has represented policyholders in disputes over numerous types of coverage, including general commercial liability policies, political risk policies, and non-appearance policies. Prior to joining Gilbert, Benjamin was an associate at a prominent Washington, D.C. litigation boutique.
Benjamin has an active pro bono practice in which he represents students with special education needs and assists them in obtaining appropriate educational services in public and private schools. He has also represented criminal defendants in appeals to the Supreme Court of the United States. Benjamin qualified for High Honors on the Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll in 2017.
- Representing an international manufacturing company in complex litigation over insurance coverage for environmental contamination.
- Representing a large, privately held food processing company over insurance coverage for allegations of disparagement and business interference.
- Representing a packaging company in multi-district litigation over insurance coverage for recalled products.
- Representing an asbestos trust in litigation against an insurance company in liquidation.
- Representing a Grammy award winning musician in obtaining coverage for canceled and postponed concert tour dates
- 2010 – J.D., American University, Washington College of Law
- Magna cum Laude, Order of the Coif, American University Business Law Review (founding Executive Editor)
- 2007 – B.A., Cornell University
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Landlord and Tenant and Small Claims and Conciliation Division, D.C., Student Attorney, Law Students in Court, 2009-2010