- 2012 - J.D., University of Chicago (Harold and Milton Durchslag Endowment Fund Scholar)
- 2009 - B.A., St. John’s College, Annapolis
- *Not admitted in the District of Columbia. Supervised by principals of the firm.
João joined Gilbert LLP as an associate in September 2012.
Since coming to Gilbert, João has focused his attention on insurance-related representations, including:
- Representing one of the world’s largest safety equipment manufacturers in litigation against and negotiations with nearly thirty insurance companies over hundreds of millions of dollars in insurance coverage; and
- Representing a class of elderly policyholders against a life insurance company accused of violating its contracts.
Articles & Publications
- Unsettling the Asbestos Dust, BNA Insights, February 18, 2013