- 1997 - B.A., Duke University (Cum Laude)
- 2005 - J.D., Emory University
- 2005 - M.B.A., Emory University (Beta Gamma Sigma)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
Ivan Snyder focuses his practice in the area of complex commercial litigation. Mr. Snyder's practice involves representing corporate and individual clients in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters in both federal and state courts, including insurance coverage, intellectual property, contract, partnership, employment, real estate, trust and estate, and licensing disputes.
Additionally, Mr. Snyder has experience assisting corporate and individual clients with white collar criminal investigations, internal corporate investigations, government investigations, and election law matters. Mr. Snyder also counsels political action committees on compliance with state and federal election laws and submissions to the Federal Election Commission.
Mr. Snyder has assisted corporate clients in a variety of industries, including high technology, fashion, manufacturing, real estate, energy, military contracting, financial services, health care, and medical devices.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Snyder worked as a reporter covering Congress and as an executive at an Internet startup in San Francisco.
- Represented international jewelry and fashion manufacturers in various trademark counterfeiting matters in federal court, resulting in favorable equitable and monetary relief.
- Represented national technology company in breach of contract matter in state court, resulting in summary judgment award of full amount sought plus interest.
- Supervised internal corporate investigation at national energy company in anticipation of potential litigation.
- Anti-Defamation League—Washington D.C. Civil Rights Committee
- 2009-2010 Anti-Defamation League Glass Leadership Institute Participant
- 2006 Powell Goldstein Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year—Washington, D.C. Office
- Selected as a Washington, DC Rising Star (Superlawyers), 2013
- How to Read an Insurance Policy, We've Got You Covered - Insurance Law Blog, April 16, 2013